Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Girl's Chinese Painting


Chinese Painting
Originally uploaded by
jewelparlour

Last Friday was Project Open House at my girlie's Kindy. It's the show-off day for both kids and teachers to the parents of what they have learnt and done for the topic of their choice over the last term. My girlie's class was studying all about Water. They learnt about the water cycle (yes now my girlie can say evaporation, condesation, precipitation, collection and explain those quite impressively), went on a field trip to Science Centre to have a water play session, used water to make pancakes, jelly and soup, made toys and displays featuring water, and finally used water mixed with Chinese ink to produce a painting, which I've displayed here. At first glance I thought those stick like things in the middle are dragonflies, but girlie proudly announced that they are supposed to be goldfish ("can't you see, mama?"), and of course there was a dolphin at the left hand corner and flower since those are her fav things. Oh well, she may not be a prodigy but I'm still a proud mother. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...