Friday, April 01, 2011

Go Green Day

March 11 was my daughter's Go Green Day in her kindy. They were supposed to go to school on that day in a green outfit. Previous year we made her a hat and necklace made from recycled magazines, this year I wanted to make something more comfy and lasting for her (seriously the paper things didn't last half a day). And just so timely I had a bag of old clothes to donate to the Salvation Army. So I rummaged through them and after lots of mixing and matching, I found 2 pieces and decided to try out a little upcycling!

Before:A dress that was too small and tight

A old tee from my university (!) days

Combining them both (with some sewing help from the family because I'm hopeless with the sewing machine), we got:

A new dress that's new, comfy and much longer! Yay!
And girlie was proud to show it off in school of course.
Misson accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...