Thursday, June 09, 2011

Vacation!

Whoof whoof whoof! Blowing the dust off this blog - hello again! I didn't realise that I've left this blog untouched for more than a month! But well, May was a month of travelling with my family, and since being back I've been caught up in a flurry of activities (mainly pre-school stuff with my girl), and finally now I've found a little bit of time to catch up on my blogging!

So right after May's MAAD we went away for about 2 weeks, first to London, then to Hungary. We didn't choose these locations, merely followed along Hubby's work itinerary. I've been to London before, but this time I really fell in love with it. I won't bore you with the musicals, playgrounds, toy shops, museums that I've been to, so will just share about 2 places that I really love.

The first is Camden Lock Village. I had my best shopping day here - art photo prints, handmade trinkets, art objects, souvenirs, etc. We went on a weekday, so could shop around at a very leisurely pace (and less chance of running into pickpockets too). Stuff is not exactly cheap compared to back home (all thanks to the very strong pound), but if you like art and bazaars, then this is a must-go place!

Another place that I really like is Greenwich. A quaint and quiet little town, it has a small art market that has more handmade and vintage items than at Camden, but slightly pricier too. I also like the small little shops around the market, and here I found a games shop which has Junior Cluedo (finally found it!) and some other interesting games that both girlie and I enjoyed. So guess who's the happiest! :)





Our days at Hungary were not as well planned as London, and basically we did the usual touristy things too - went to the circus, theme park, Hungarian National Gallery at the Castle Hill District, Danube Boat Ride and a Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour. We had ghoulash again and again until we craved for good old Chinese soup. In Hungary pace of life seems slower compared to London, and art and history is everywhere, in the buildings, squares, bridges.

Parliament House


Fountain outside Hungarian National Gallery


My favorite painting at the Gallery called The Skylark. Where is the skylark? At the top right hand corner, a little small dot!


Handmade glasses at a souvenir shop


Our hotel with such artistic decor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...