Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Purse Of Dreams

Again I've neglected this poor little blog.....so sorry but I've spent nearly half of July being sick, and even now still coughing away........

Anyway, it's been a while since I've talked about my projects, so today I'm introducing a piece that I've made this month (before I fell ill that is) and which I've finally taken photos of yesterday!

This long necklace has a beautiful, ornate, artistic purse locket. Yep we've all seen the usual round and oval lockets, but this one is in a special purse shape. Outside the purse I've hung two metal stamped discs, which I've used to signify coins, one says "dream", and the other says "hope". The story? Well, being in this handmade business, everything is made by my own two hands, and so everything is very personal ("it's not personal, it's just business" really does not apply to the handmade movement I think, how can something you design and make not be personal right?) And every time someone appreciates and buys my work, it's a boost of confidence and an assurance that my work means something to someone else. I cannot describe the joy and encouragement that I feel with every sale, it's more than the joy of getting paid, it is a shot of hope of being nearer to my dream - of making this handmade craft my livelihood. So in this sense, every cent (or coin) that I get not only signifies wealth, but a sign of hope and fulfillment of my dream. In the same way, I hope the wearer of this purse will become prosperous, not only in wealth, but also be filled with hope for the fulfillment of your dreams!

The purse locket can be opened and you can fill it with messages, pictures or other lightweight trinkets, but it is not advisable to use it as a real purse for real coins or money, as I don't think it can take that much weight. And this is a limited edition piece, one piece only, no remakes!

To see this in my Etsy shop, click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...