Wednesday, November 09, 2011

All About Birds

Last Thursday I went with my daughter on her last outing with her kindergarten. Together with her class and teachers, we went to the Jurong Bird Park. I haven't been there since I was 7, and all I could remember about it was the bad smell. However they have cleaned up and improved their act (in true blue singaporean style of course). I was pleasantly surprised to see the park very nicely revamped and refurbished to resemble the zoo, the only difference now being the kind of inhabitants they have. The bird show was quite awesome, and the most enjoyable part was the Panorail ride. I think that is the only monorail left in Singapore, but unfortunately, this is going to be the last year it will be in operation. What a waste! Anyway, here are some nice memories of the day:


A group shot right at the start - we are the first at the park, early bird catches the worm, right?


The park warden Ms Amber teaching the children about the Bottle Tree.


We had the privilege of visiting the "secret" place, where the children got to meet this little 2 yr old lory that was born and bred at the park. And they were taught how to make a yummy honey snack for the lory birds too.


And then it's feeding time!


Strangely the children became a tourist attraction suddenly - many Indian tourists wanted to take pictures with them because they thought the kids look so cute. Haha!



King penguins at the Penguin Coast. Apparently it was bed or nap time for them. Notice the apparently headless one on the left!


The coy lovebird.


My favourite - Flamingoes!


A parting shot with best friends!

And still on the topic of birds, I've got a newly made necklace - also featuring a pair of birds, and I think these are parrots.


I think they are not young lovers, but long time life partners. Heard (from a customer) that parrots only choose one mate to be with their whole life, in fact, I learnt at the Bird Park that many species of birds are like that, including the hornbill and lovebirds. Isn't that the sweetest? Awwww.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...