Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Last Few Hours

In half an hour's time, we will be crossing over to a brand new year, 2012. This is supposed to be the time when we review the past year and make new resolutions, isn't it? But I've never been one good at keeping any resolutions, so maybe I'll just make myself a wish list, so that I'll feel happier when my wishes comes true, and feel less of a failure if they don't. So here goes:
1. Get myself a new iPad. 3 hopefully? Get cracking won't ya, Apple?
2. Get myself a new iphone. I'm still holding out on the 4S because I'm still holding on to hopes of a 5.
3. Help my little one settle comfortably into Primary One without getting eaten up by the competitive education system. But who am I kidding? I'm already one helluva typical Singaporean "kiasu" parent. Maybe migration is a better solution?
(Note: if you are not from Singapore, "kiasu" means afraid to lose. Most singaporean parents cannot stand the idea of having their child lose out, and it's a mighty fierce battle, believe me)
4. Plan big plans for Jewel Parlour. I've always dreamt of big plans but kept them at that - in a dreamy state. This year I wish to bring out enough energy to draw them out from the clouds, and a battle plan has been drawn with the help of my hubby, who has also promised to kick my ass into action. So do look out for new products, newsletters, and maybe a promotion or two.
5. Pull That Gem Shop out of "vacation mode". That will give me a much better reason (to hubby at least) for gem shopping.
Right, five wishes should be enough for me. I'm not a greedy person. So, a happy new year to me, and a happy new year to you, may all our wishes come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...